Saturday, July 25, 2009

Why can't getaway's be stress free?

My dad fell of a bike in Colorado a month ago. He had to have major shoulder surgery, and has to wear this brace for a month. Not to much fun.
My brother is an OT, and where he works they have the coolest place where kids do their therapy.

You can't really tell, but for her 8th birthday Mckinley got her ears pierced.
Just because we are in Idaho doesn't meaning we didn't bring some redneck with us. We use this potter for Jonah's swimming pool. He loves it.

So most of you know I am in Idaho visiting my family for a month. I don't get to see them that often, but it never fails that when I do someone gets sick, or something happens. I had to take Jonah to the Dr. on Monday because he has been crabby since we got here. Well he has an ear infection, and throat infection. He still isn't up to par, but hopefully getting there. Well yesterday morning my mom had to take me to the ER for a severe migraine. It is one thing to get a migraine, but another to get one when you husband is 3,000 miles away, your mom has to be to the temple to work in 2 hours, and you dad has his arm in a sling from shoulder surgery, and you still have 3 young children who are just waking up when you get home from the hospital. So I really had no rest for the weary. Not to mention when we got home from the hospital I hit my toe on my mom's foot stool, and pretty sure I broke my middle toe. Oh well hopefully we have filled our drama quota, and will be good for the rest of the trip. (Knock on Wood) Other than that we have been having a great time. I love the just being in Idaho and Utah. It just really feels my soul. We miss Jeff a lot and can't wait until he come out in a couple of weeks. I can't believe Mckinley will be getting baptized in two weeks also. I feel to young to have such a grown up daughter.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I am really sorry about your vacation woes. One of my kids always gets sick when we are out of town. I am glad you are enjoying Idaho though. Every time I am back west it just feels like home. Cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really jealous that you're in Idaho. We won't make it out there until Christmas. Be safe and have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Followers